This course covers the landscape and management of accommodation distribution and explains the role of distribution costs in a revenue strategy. Growth in digital travel shopping has provided many additional competitive options for consumers, which provides hotels with many more potential sources of revenue. This course is a starting point for any member of the hotel community to better understand distribution dynamics and its impact on hotel profitability.
Please allow for approximately 90 minutes to complete this course, including quizzes and checks for understanding along the way.
You will learn
The definition of Distribution within the Accommodation sector
The definition of accommodation Inventory and how it is managed
The types of distribution channelsThe factors of the Cost of Sale
- The steps to implementing a successful Distribution Strategy
- The important role of technology in a Distribution Strategy
- The definition of Rate Parity and its role in Distribution
- An introduction to Digital Distribution
This workshop is one course from a program of 10 courses that will earn you the globally-recognised “Certificate in Revenue Management (Hospitality)”. The registration fee includes the 90 x minute workshop PLUS the single online course (with access for 12 months to the course material). You can complete the course at home in your own time. On completion of both the workshop and online course, you will recieve a certificate of completion co-branded by HSMAI and the eHotelier Academy.
Afternoon Tea included.
More information on the Distribution Course:
A revenue strategy is critical to the success of a hotel’s revenue management philosophy. A revenue strategy allows the entire revenue team to discuss, strategise, and understand what the goals are for the hotel, and how to work towards these goals. It is also critical that the strategy is put into writing. By strategising with the team and documenting the revenue strategy a hotel is setup to ensure that the hotel looks out into the future and creates a long term measurable path for success.
You will learn:
- To understand how to create a successful revenue strategy;
- Different revenue strategies explained
- The key elements in effectively communicating a revenue strategy;
- How to implement a revenue strategy once it has been created;
- To understand how to measure the success of the revenue strategy once it has been implemented.
- Inventory Control – how inventory can impact on sales. If forecasting constraint, monitor to ensure controls do not have too big an impact and adjusting strategy where necessary and why revenue managers might withhold inventory
More information on the full 10 x course program:
The ‘Revenue Ready’ program is custom-built for hotel staff who are moving into the Revenue Department, or who are just about to. The program will fast-track your learning and help you become proficient in Revenue Management is a short amount of time. In conjunction with your on-the-job hotel experience, this is the best method of getting to the next phase of your career.
HOW CAN I BE ‘READY’ FOR THE REVENUE DEPARTMENT?
HSMAI has worked with educators and the leaders in Revenue Management across the globe to come up with a fast-track program to get you ‘up-to-speed’ on Revenue management fast! When you have completed your study, simply complete the final online assessment to earn your Certificate in Revenue Management (Hospitality).