HOW Festival is the only hotel operations Festival in Europe and the third edition will be held on Oct 16th-18th in Valamar Collection Isabella Island Resort in Porec, Croatia. The main goal is to present global operations trends and best practices, to facilitate implementation of new products and services and to ensure to participants great entertainment and networking.
The Festival brings international panelists from global hotel chains who will discuss with the participants about hotel operations trends. Program themes are selected by hoteliers through internal survey and first part of the Festival will be consisted of the panel discussions and lectures for all participants. After that discussions and workshops will be divided by hotel departments: food & beverage, human resources, sales & marketing, technical department and housekeeping.
Some of HOW Festival 2019 themes are:
- How to maximise your operations profitability in respect to your guests and different markets they are coming from? (plenary lecture)
- Going green – sustainability is the new “it” word. How can we participate in saving the planet…and adding additional value to our guests? (plenary lecture)
- “Grab & go” concept or how to increase revenue from new F&B trend (food and beverage)
- We all say the WiFi in our hotel is great but is it really? And how to make it to be perfect? (technical department)
- Fight club in revenue management: If the bookings are down – do we keep the prices and risk to be half full or do we discount prices to fill in property? (sales & marketing)
- Do you know how to say thank you to your staff? (human resource)
- International hotel brands made possible for hotel sales staff to work from home. What are pros and cons of that arrangement? (human resource)
- How to train housekeeping staff more efficiently? (housekeeping)
while most of the panelists are hoteliers who will present examples of good practice to all participants.
In first two years HOW Festival gathered more than 1000 participants, mostly General Managers, Hotel Operations Managers and Hotel Department Managers. Same as last year, with excellent panel discussions and workshops there will be teambuilding and great party.