Crime is a social problem that affects thousands of hotels every year. Combating the complex issue of potential crimes at hotels requires various strategies. The process of risk mitigation begins with awareness of relevant risk factors, ideally in the early design stages of the hotel property itself.
This new Workshop is the first of its kind that deals with the issue of Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design (C.P.T.E.D.) in the specific context of the hotel industry. C.P.T.E.D. is an effective, results-driven approach to crime prevention which is becoming an increasingly prevalent issue throughout the hospitality business globally.
You will learn more about how to build a robust security architecture based on the principles of C.P.T.E.D. and we will show you the techniques on how to maintain the first layers of defence.
This workshop is tailored to hotel managers, architects, hotel developers and hotel security managers that are involved in the safekeeping of guests and staff. It is hosted in selected venues.
Online Hotel Security Course for Hotel Management – FREE!
Attendees of this workshop receive complimentary access to the four new online training modules (valued at $340 USD).
Program Day 1 (9am-4:30pm)
- Global Risks in the Context of Hotels
- The Risk Management Cycle
- The 5 Principles of C.P.T.E.D.
- Building a Multi-Layer Security Architecture
Program Day 2 (9am-4pm)
- Detecting Suspicious Behaviour
- Operating a Vehicle Screening and Guest Entry Checkpoint
- The first layer’s of defence
- Managing a Pandemic **NEW TOPIC**
- Crisis Communication Plan