It has been a few exciting yet challenging years for hoteliers in Indonesia. On one hand, the tremendous growth in the industry has provided vast opportunities for career advancements. On the other hand, the supply growth has out-paced demand growth and human resources readiness, resulting in margin compression and talent shortage. In this highly competitive but fragmented market, new openings, rebranding and de-flagging are unpredictable constants.
While the Government is working relentlessly to boost visitor arrivals, the industry needs to strategize on revenue generation, technology adoption, productivity enhancement, talent development and brand differentiation. These are the only ways forward until tourism demand closes with the supply surge.
Hotel Management Indonesia Summit (HMI), a neutral one-stop strategy platform, will return to Jakarta on 14 November to directly address all key management, operational, commercial and financial challenges that impact corporate and property P&L. The conference will explore the latest consumer trends, technological advancements and cross-industry best practices to help inspire hotel leaders in their quests to boost financial performances.
5 Reasons Why You Should Attend HMI 2018:
- Navigating the ever-changing distribution landscape
- Leveraging new consumer trends to grow rates and generate peripheral revenue
- Enhancing operational efficiency through technology adoptions
- Strategizing on segment mix and source markets to ensure competitiveness
- Developing talents and controlling overhead costs